Friday 18 April 2014

Hi, my name is Ted.







Way back in September, before the stresses of my 3rd year began, I applied for two jobs through Ted Baker - Visual Merchandiser at Selfridges and Store Assistant at Ted Baker - both at the Trafford Centre. I didn't get an interview for the VM position but was offered an interview for the store assistant in Ted Baker! 

I was both excited and nervous for my interview, excited for the opportunity to work within an amazing company like "Ted" but then nerves set in as it had been a good year and a half since my last interview! 

I had a handful of telephone calls between myself and the store manager, arranging a date for the interview. This date came around very quickly, with nerves in full force on the day, but walking in to the store I felt confident and calm. I had researched the brand beforehand to give myself a heads-up when questioned and was ready for the day! I met the manager, was very polite and friendly to make a good first impression (as always) and introduced myself to the staff I came in to contact with. 

We did the interview in the office, creating a private environment for our conversation. The interview started off well, I was answering the questions with ease, there was a positive atmosphere in the room and I was excited for later on. However, as the interview went on my nerves started to get the better of me, generating the dreaded repeating of ones self! This disheartened me slightly and I felt that I could of done things differently. 

I didn't manage to get the job as my heart is set on more of a promotion or interior designing role I felt the whole interview process was very helpful and has made me more aware. Experience is something you can not buy and I am thankful for all of the experience I can get.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment