Thursday 24 April 2014

New Photoshoot!

Well today I did another photo shoot for my BA honours project as my last shoot did not bring across the correct mood I wanted to achieve. This time I did head shots, focusing on jewellery as a promotion for the new concept store.

Yesterday I organised for my model’s hair and make-up to be created downstairs in the beauty department of the collage, taking my mood boards down I wanted to achieve beforehand to the student who was helping me. Sarah, the hair and make-up artist, was very accommodating, giving comments on how she was going to achieve the look.

So today was the shoot day. The first disaster of the day was that my model I had asked to help me said she could not be my model anymore as of work commitments! I was in a state of shock as I had organised everything to be done for Thursday: Hair, make-up and I had booked out the photo studios! I could not believe it. But I had to do my shoot whether I had my original model or not! So, after a little moan to myself I told my tutor and decided to find a new model within the college, which came in to form of Kelly (the life saver).

My model, Kelly, came with me downstairs to meet Sarah, the shots I wanted to take were focused on the face and neck area – with it being based around jewellery. Kelly’s hair and make-up was on its way, as shown below with a few cheeky images from the salons. Kelly looked exactly how I had imagined, which looked beautiful and bold, I told Sarah I was very happy with the results she had achieved!




I then went on to do the shoot, up in the photo studio. Throughout I created a range of different effects in the images using lighting, adding in atmosphere to link with the mood. The focus was to incorporate the kimble tags in to the shoot so Sarah had scattered a handful in through the hair design – which I loved!

Overall the whole day ran smoothly (apart from the beginning road bump) and I was happy with the images I had taken. I also told Sarah I would send over a good selection of images for her portfolio, see really does know she stuff! 

Below are a few samples of my own photography, but these are yet to be edited.








No comments:

Post a Comment