Saturday 29 March 2014

So the photoshoot...

As I posted on Thursday I explained I was going to do my photo shoot yesterday for the promotional package for my honours project... so lets leave it at that shall we.

I was disappointed with the shoot as what I had imagined it to look like did not appear in the final images. In my head I had pictured my model to look and resemble the feel of my make-up & hair mood boards (below) but as I did the shoot on location I did the make-up and hair myself.. obviously because I am a budding makeup artist and hair stylist (sarcasm). I edited a few of my images and they did actually look a lot better, but still not linking with my theme for the rest of the project. So next week I plan to show my tutors and ask their advice on what to do next, I am pretty sure I already know what I will have to do next - another shoot this week.

I can ask in the hair & make-up department if I could book an artist to help me out and create the look I wanted in the first place, after all if you want something done right - get the professional!

Make-up mood board

Hair mood board


Overall photoshoot mood board

So hopefully this will get me out of the hole I feel I am currently in! I think I need to realise that  my strengths are my digital and creative work, I am not a makeup artist or hair stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment