Friday 7 March 2014

Citizen M - Glasgow... Citizen Me!


With my recent trip to Glasgow I had the pleasure of experiencing a truly interesting and inspirational hotel named "Citizen M". This hotel was such an treasure to experience as I have never been in such a contemporary and quirky place before. As soon as you walk to the end of the street you are greeted by the glass structure of the building and the front entrance. 

Front entrance - Citizen M
 The interior was extraordinary, a contemporary feel running through the reception area and throughout the rest of the hotel, including the bar, lounge area and guest rooms. The colour scheme was mainly black and white with fiery red bursts taken from the logo colour palette. 

We were told on arrival that the lounge area could be used throughout our stay, and if we wanted there were MacBook laptops that could be "checked out" to either work on, Internet search etc... Now I could get use to this!

Lounge area

My favourite part of my room had to be the bathroom/ shower area which was enclosed in its own little 'bubble'. There was a 'master' remote control in the room that controlled EVERYTHING, this included the blinds, television, lights, air conditioning, bubble lighting! We could choose every colour under the sun for our own "Bathroom Bubble" which I loved! Pinks, blues, greens, yellows, oranges, etc etc, so of course I chose pink...

Bathroom Bubble!

But, it has to be said it did not stay pink for long as Manchester City was playing this particular night so it soon turned the pale, light blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment