Thursday 20 February 2014

On our travels...

On tuesday, 19th Feburary, I ventured further north to Glasgow, Scotland. This was an experience in itself but was an interesting one at that. We started off by exploring the city, navigating the streets and getting a feel of our surroundings, then moved on to the retail area. I was interested to discover that Glasgow is in fact alot larger city that I first thought! The retail section of the city consists of the main high street which has a range of quality high street brands, but then there is another section of the retail area that harbours designer brands, including Dior & Prada.

This trip to Glasgow has helped with my primary research for my interiors in the honours project. My favourite store was the Nike store, based on the layout of the interior. I loved the minimal layout design they had used, the store had merchandise along the walls of the store which created more space for circulation. They had individual areas for different merchandise along the wall so it was easy for customers to navigate. I will upload a few images of the store as soon as with comments on which parts i love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment